Lingchei Letty Chen
Identity Politics; Memory and Postmemory Studies; Mimesis; Travel Theory; Narratology; Postcolonialism; Postmodernism
Writing Chinese: Reshaping Chinese Cultural Identity (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2006). A study of the current debate over the concept of identity as explored in literature from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and by Chinese writers living abroad. Addresses how narratives use textual imitation and appropriation to synthesize diverse cultural identities.
Courses Recently Taught
- Freshman Seminar: Images of Chinese Women
- Chinese Cities in the Global Context
- The Asian American Experience: Negotiating the In-Betweeness
- Writing from the Periphery: The Question of "Chineseness"
- The Trope of ´China´ in the Imagination of the Chinese Diaspora